From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photovoltaic current

RTSLVU, do u no where i can get the datasheets for a small solar cell of about Pmax = 5 to 10 Watt. 

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 86
(924 Views)

Here is a link to a company that has several datasheets online http://www.solarcellsales.com/techinfo/technical_docs.cfm

Also you could try a Google Search Smiley Wink

Did the formula node idea work for you?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 86
(916 Views)

Yes we can do it with the formula node u gave me. But i already draw the vi, see my previous vi, i have connected wires to carry out the formula. Both are same, but yours is much more easier. i am sending u a datasheets, do u hv any idea how to use the datasheets to put the values in my vi.

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 86
(910 Views)

Could you be more specific on how you want to use the datasheet? It's a PDF so LabVIEW won't be able to read in information from it directly, but I'm assuming you don't need it to. Are you just wanting to know which constants you should use?  

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 86
(887 Views)

IL = G / 1000 X Isc

G = knob

Isc = 300, 400, 500

How can we put the above formula in a case structure. See attachments.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 86
(866 Views)

Hi, i have tried to do it. Please see if its good according to the formula i gave. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 86
(861 Views)

Hi Zach, hope you are doing well. i need to calculate the efficiency. please see my effort.

Efficiency = power out / power in
Power out = Max power
power in = Area x Irradiance (IL)
please see attachments.
When running the program, i am getting power Negative. Why so? can you correct that?

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 86
(842 Views)

Negative power.. that is like it is sucking up energy rather than actually producing any.

Concidering the context, that seems right to me.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 86
(839 Views)

This may be slightly off track but... Considering shading on a solar array it's not as simple as 10% shade = 10% decrease in power output.

You need to take into account the design of the panels and wiring of the array.

If you shade one or two panels in a series array the entire array can go down or it's total power output can drop by a huge amount.

For shading a single panel it can be the same or different depending on the design of panel as most are a series/parallel arrangement of solar cells.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 86
(838 Views)

RTSLVU, i appreciate your reply. But can you give me an example of how the design of the panels and wiring of the array can be corrected. Consider my program itself. Also please consider the shading. How can this be done. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 86
(830 Views)