From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photovoltaic current

@Pooja-S wrote:

Can someone explain me how this program works. I got the code from NI. There are too many arrays, i cannot understand what its going on? 

Now that is getting closer to a question that can be answered here. I'll help you out a bit.

Start by taking ascreen shot of the part of the diagram you do not understand. Save it as a jpg or png so you can include it with your question.

Start a new thread and include the screen shot with your question (the tree icon above the edit window will help you post images).

Tell us what you think you are looking at and exactly what part does not make sense.

Also try watch the code run in execution highlighting mode (turn on the light bulb in your diagram and watch it in slow motion).

Let people answer your question and ask follow-up question if the new question is related to the thread.

Take the repies you get, think about them and try out the suggestions you are given.

Be patient with us since most of have real jobs and can't always reply quickly.

@Pooja-S wrote:

Can someone explain me how this program works. I got the code from NI. There are too many arrays, i cannot understand what its going on? 

About 35 years ago I fixed radar while in the Navy. I was frustrated by a problem that I was failing to fix. I used a phrase similar to what you wrote telling my Cheif that "I can't..." and he abruptly cut me off and said;

"Ben, you will never fix it if you tell yourself you can't. Sure you may not have fixed it yet and it looks bleak but it is not your decision if you can fix it or not but rather it is my responcibilty. You are working on and you will continue to work on until I tell you can not fix it."

Chief Pety Officer Wooton circa 1976.

Give the new "focused" question a go and don't tell yourself you can't"

Still trying to help,

Ben

We don't give up easy Smiley Wink

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 81 of 86
(884 Views)

As a start you should realize that there are not TOO many arrays.  There are just TWO arrays. Smiley Surprised  One is the voltage data, the other is the current data.  Follow the array paths through with the context help on so you can be reminded what each block is doing to the array as it passes through. 

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 82 of 86
(873 Views)

Can somebody explain me this part of the code, why there is index array, threshold 1D array, array size, Round toward + infinity and array subset. Is it necessary to use all these functions. Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 83 of 86
(849 Views)

@Pooja-S wrote:

Can somebody explain me this part of the code, why there is index array, threshold 1D array, array size, Round toward + infinity and array subset. Is it necessary to use all these functions. Capture.JPG

I'll get you started.

THe data from the DAQ assistants is returned as a blue wire (that I seldom use and my buddies claim are memory pigs) that is converted to an array of doubles. The index array selects the channel of interest (since the DAQ could be acquiring from other channels as well). So that gets us an array of data.

The current data is passed to a threshold function looking for the index where the value goes above zero. Since the output of the Threshold function is a fractional index, the round toward function converts the index to an interger that is used to slect what part of the incoming data stream is selected in the array subset.

I suggest you use the built-in help to complete the narative I started above.

Post your best interpretation and let us review it.

Still trying to hlep you learn LV,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 86
(844 Views)

thanks Ben. How my program newsolar.vimii.JPG related to newbie.vi

0 Kudos
Message 85 of 86
(838 Views)

I wish to know if there is some formula to calculate diode voltage and diode saturation current highlighted in green and blue respectively. I have use constants. I want to use the formula in the code instead of using constants directly.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 86 of 86
(815 Views)