From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to export high quality images from graphs

Hello,

I am absolutely no expert in this subject, so it may be that I say some aberrations 😉

So this is what I want to do:

I perform signal processing of vibration data with LabVIEW. What I get as results are a lot of graphs such as spectrums, waveforms, intensity graphs, 3d surface graphs, etc. being the most important the 3 firsts.

Then, of course, I need to write some reports or powerpoint presentations, and I need to show the plots as figures. The data that I have is very large, (a waveform is sampled at 1,25 MS/s and I am ploting 10 seconds) so I can only export the simplified version of the image to the by right clicking the graph and then I paste it in Paint and save it in bmp format.

Sometimes I need to add some text on the images, so I do that also in Paint. Finally I import the bmp image to the word/powerpoint document and save it.

When I make a report, I use one of the available tools to convert the word .doc document into a pdf document (this tools that are like a printer), so I get as a result a PDF with the text and the images.

As you can imagine, the final result is not so good, particulary on the images. They are not so clear. I have seen some pdf documents which have images so clear that you can zoom it all you want and nothing happens. I believe these images are stored on a vectorial format.

Well now I want to improve the quality of my reports so first of all I want to use some Latex software to write the text. And of course, I would like to have my graphs - generated by LabVIEW - in this vectorial format. Does anyone know how can I do this?

I have read something about a dll which creates some .wmf image file but I don´t know very much about it.

thank you in advance,
crimovlc

PS: attached are some of my current images

Message Edited by crimolvic on 01-08-2008 07:59 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,946 Views)

This is not want you wanted but may be useful.

In this thread boltzmann teaches us how to imbed the CW-3D graph in a PP presentation. You can manipulate the 3d graph IN PP !

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,927 Views)
thank you Ben, I didn't knew that was possible
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,918 Views)
I recently wanted to know how to print a graph.  If you search the Dev Zone for "graph print" you can find, among others, this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/981C98819DBB89FE862569610046CFB8.  It helped me, but it may not be exactly what you want.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,909 Views)