LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when building application with Excel included

Hi All !

I've read several post on problems with Report Generation Toolkit when building applications that uses Excel or Word interactivity.

I've included both _Excel Dynamic VIs.vi and _Word Dynamic VIs.vi in my project and added them to the dynamic vis and support files.

When building I get the error :

The VI is broken. Open the VI in LabVIEW and fix the errors.
C:\Programmer\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\addons\_office\_exclsub.llb\_Excel Dynamic VIs.vi

When opening that VI there is no broken arrow and all the vi's included in this is not broken either.

I've tried mass compiling and so on but so far luck.

Regards Morten Kahr
Regards Kahr
Certified LabVIEW Architect
CIM A/S
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,749 Views)
I had an issue similiar to that,  I had to uninstall then reinstall the toolkit. 
Brian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,739 Views)

I tried uninstalling the Report Generator Toolkit and reinstalling it, but that didn't work either. 

Anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,666 Views)
If you do a search on this forum you will find this to be a common and vexing problem. I myself had this same exact problem about a year ago, and it took me the better part of a day to track it down. As you will find by reading the various threads on this problem, there seems to be no specific cause for this, and it remains a mystery, and the solutions are no better than chanting voodoo, and probably just as effective.

One thing you can try is to force a recompile of your VI hierarchy. Open you top-level VI. If it's set up to run when opened, stop it. Hold down the Control key and click the run button. This will force a recompile of the application. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Like I said, voodoo.

Another thing to look for is to check if you are using any diagram disable structures or case structures with a constant wired, as in trying to use the case structure to comment out code.

Are you using classes and passing by reference? There was a mention of this here.
Message 4 of 5
(3,657 Views)
I finally figured it out....

The problem was after I included the files I needed to include, the included files were broken vis.  To fix these, I found that i had some file referencing problems.  That was my fault and probably a unique case.

Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
(3,653 Views)