LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to export high quality images from graphs

Hello,

I am absolutely no expert in this subject, so it may be that I say some aberrations 😉

So this is what I want to do:

I perform signal processing of vibration data with LabVIEW. What I get as results are a lot of graphs such as spectrums, waveforms, intensity graphs, 3d surface graphs, etc. being the most important the 3 firsts.

Then, of course, I need to write some reports or powerpoint presentations, and I need to show the plots as figures. The data that I have is very large, (a waveform is sampled at 1,25 MS/s and I am ploting 10 seconds) so I can only export the simplified version of the image to the by right clicking the graph and then I paste it in Paint and save it in bmp format.

Sometimes I need to add some text on the images, so I do that also in Paint. Finally I import the bmp image to the word/powerpoint document and save it.

When I make a report, I use one of the available tools to convert the word .doc document into a pdf document (this tools that are like a printer), so I get as a result a PDF with the text and the images.

As you can imagine, the final result is not so good, particulary on the images. They are not so clear. I have seen some pdf documents which have images so clear that you can zoom it all you want and nothing happens. I believe these images are stored on a vectorial format.

Well now I want to improve the quality of my reports so first of all I want to use some Latex software to write the text. And of course, I would like to have my graphs - generated by LabVIEW - in this vectorial format. Does anyone know how can I do this?

I have read something about a dll which creates some .wmf image file but I don´t know very much about it.

thank you in advance,
crimovlc

PS: attached are some of my current images

Message Edited by crimolvic on 01-08-2008 07:59 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,927 Views)

This is not want you wanted but may be useful.

In this thread boltzmann teaches us how to imbed the CW-3D graph in a PP presentation. You can manipulate the 3d graph IN PP !

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,908 Views)
thank you Ben, I didn't knew that was possible
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,899 Views)
I recently wanted to know how to print a graph.  If you search the Dev Zone for "graph print" you can find, among others, this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/981C98819DBB89FE862569610046CFB8.  It helped me, but it may not be exactly what you want.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,890 Views)