From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Application built into a VI doesn't work when made into a executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I am used NI Vision Assistant to build a LabVIEW to perform pattern matching and OCR. I used the Vision Assistants "Build a VI" to create a VI. I then inserted that into my main program as well as the project that I am using. I then built an executable to test the program out on my main work station and the program doesn't seem to be doing anything past removing a color plane. I tried injecting the vision code in its raw state rather than as a SubVI and I still run into the same issue. Has anyone ran into the issue before? I've attached the VIs in question. 

Thanks,

Dan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,386 Views)

error codes, if any? 

for starters, all image same type?

for vision that uses references, some serialization may help

CY (expired CLAD)
Message 2 of 9
(1,368 Views)

Hey Cy,

To answer your questions:

I don't get any errors when I run the program as a normal .VI, but when I run it as an .EXE I get the following error code:

Source:

IMAQ Setup Match Geometric Pattern 2

I think that error code is just a general error code, but I am not entirely sure. 

Image types don't change throughout the program.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,357 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author drogers13

Sounds like you don't have or have not activated the needed Vision Run-Time license.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 4 of 9
(1,324 Views)

Hey AK2DM, 

I am building and running the program on my workstation which has the Vision Development Module Runtime program installed.

Looking at the program, there are 2 "IMAQ Setup Match Geometric Pattern 2", where the error is being generated from. Both of those are "Call Library Function" nodes which I assume are built when in the Vision Assistant. The library they are calling to is located on the dependency list of the LabVIEW project. I am wondering if it isn't calling the library correctly because in the application because it has a different build path? I will try setting the build path into the same folder as the main program.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,321 Views)
Solution

The error code is very clear, as was explained earlier.  This is what I get when I plug it into "explain error":

billko_0-1653595177028.png

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 6 of 9
(1,293 Views)

*sigh* Thanks, I'm not sure why it is giving me that error when I run the application on my main work station, but I assume it is something silly that won't take much to solve. 

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,283 Views)
Solution

Use NI License Manager to verify it is activated.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,273 Views)

Hey AK2DM,

That was the problem. For some reason the Run-Time Engine was not activated when I activated the development module. I got it activated and everything is working smoothly now. 

Thanks for you help, 

Dan

Message 9 of 9
(1,265 Views)