cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Application built into a VI doesn't work when made into a executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I am used NI Vision Assistant to build a LabVIEW to perform pattern matching and OCR. I used the Vision Assistants "Build a VI" to create a VI. I then inserted that into my main program as well as the project that I am using. I then built an executable to test the program out on my main work station and the program doesn't seem to be doing anything past removing a color plane. I tried injecting the vision code in its raw state rather than as a SubVI and I still run into the same issue. Has anyone ran into the issue before? I've attached the VIs in question. 

Thanks,

Dan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,353 Views)

error codes, if any? 

for starters, all image same type?

for vision that uses references, some serialization may help

CY (expired CLAD)
Message 2 of 9
(1,335 Views)

Hey Cy,

To answer your questions:

I don't get any errors when I run the program as a normal .VI, but when I run it as an .EXE I get the following error code:

Source:

IMAQ Setup Match Geometric Pattern 2

I think that error code is just a general error code, but I am not entirely sure. 

Image types don't change throughout the program.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,324 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author drogers13

Sounds like you don't have or have not activated the needed Vision Run-Time license.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 4 of 9
(1,291 Views)

Hey AK2DM, 

I am building and running the program on my workstation which has the Vision Development Module Runtime program installed.

Looking at the program, there are 2 "IMAQ Setup Match Geometric Pattern 2", where the error is being generated from. Both of those are "Call Library Function" nodes which I assume are built when in the Vision Assistant. The library they are calling to is located on the dependency list of the LabVIEW project. I am wondering if it isn't calling the library correctly because in the application because it has a different build path? I will try setting the build path into the same folder as the main program.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,288 Views)
Solution

The error code is very clear, as was explained earlier.  This is what I get when I plug it into "explain error":

billko_0-1653595177028.png

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 6 of 9
(1,260 Views)

*sigh* Thanks, I'm not sure why it is giving me that error when I run the application on my main work station, but I assume it is something silly that won't take much to solve. 

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,250 Views)
Solution

Use NI License Manager to verify it is activated.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,240 Views)

Hey AK2DM,

That was the problem. For some reason the Run-Time Engine was not activated when I activated the development module. I got it activated and everything is working smoothly now. 

Thanks for you help, 

Dan

Message 9 of 9
(1,232 Views)