LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Home and LabView

Hi.

I tried to connect several instruments (Ex: Agilent 8453 UV/Vis spectrophotometer) to LabVIEW2021 on my PC with Windows 11 Home edition. But, none of the instruments show up in NI-MAX. Please help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(407 Views)

Please ensure you've installed NI-VISA drivers. BTW, how are you connecting the instruments to the laptop? over USB-GPIB or USB or TCP?

-Santhosh
Semiconductor Validation & Production Test
Soliton Technologies
NI CLD, CTD
LabVIEW + TestStand + TestStand Semiconductor Module (2013 - 2020)
NI STS for Mixed signal and RF

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(373 Views)

Hi Santhosh.

Thank you for your response.

I'm using GPIB-USB which worked for a PC with Windows 7. And yes, I had NI VISA installed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(325 Views)

Do you also have the NI 488.2 drivers installed?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(321 Views)

Yes Gregory. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(258 Views)

the LabVIEW Readme file 2021 indicate that the windows version compatible with LabVIEW 2021 are (Windows 10 ,Windows Server 2019,Windows Server 2016 ) so Windows 11 is not indicated in the List.

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374715r.html 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(241 Views)

@Zhulfaa wrote:

Hi Santhosh.

Thank you for your response.

I'm using GPIB-USB which worked for a PC with Windows 7. And yes, I had NI VISA installed.

Let's look at that hardware one more time and get a specific model number since many older NI GPIB-USB devices have become quite obsolete.  Unless that is really a GPIB-USB HS or HS+ it's probably not going to have modern driver support in NI VISA .  The GBIB-USB A dropped support many years ago an currently the only searches returning for GPIB-USB B devices run into archives that NI hasn't got around to transitioning to the newer documentation database.

The ReadMe file for your exact version of NI VISA will contain a list of supported hardware.  One day someone should change that title to "ReadMeYesIAmReallySerious"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(230 Views)

As Jay pointed out, and I found out the hard way last week, NI GPIB-USB-B are not suported by NI-VISA drivers >version 17.6  See this article, https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000g0uXSAQ&l=en-CA

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(107 Views)