From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email on labview using the Gmail Server (TLS)

smercurio_fc wrote:
Here you go.

Very nice example!  By the way, you should make sure to close all the .Net references that are opened, or you will consume (leak) lots of memory.

Cheers,

-Jim

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 114
(5,577 Views)
Just to make sure: I didn't write the example. I just resaved it as 8.2 as the user requested. Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 114
(5,557 Views)

Thank you for your example, but I got an error.

Did I forgot something?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 114
(5,544 Views)
That looks like a DNS problem at your end. What happens if you try to "ping smtp.gmail.com" at a command line prompt?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 114
(5,527 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:
Just to make sure: I didn't write the example. I just resaved it as 8.2 as the user requested. Smiley Wink

Noted 😉
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 114
(5,525 Views)

Would somebody please save this in Labview 7.1 format? I'm very interested to play with it.

I'm limited as my company is not ready to upgrade my licence at this time

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 114
(5,503 Views)

Here's a screenshot of the code.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 114
(5,486 Views)
Here it is in LabVIEW 7.1. Enjoy!! Great code by the way. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 114
(5,452 Views)
Fantastic -thanks a million. This is very useful code!
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 114
(5,429 Views)

When I use this VI and attach a LabVIEW generated text file to the email, when I try to write to the text file again (In LabVIEW), it is reporting that the file is already open. Error 5.

I then added code to this VI that would send a screenshot via Gmail. When I save the screenshot as a JPG and then attach it to the gmail, the same Error 5 occurs (file apready open) when I try to delete the JPG. Something is not being closed.....

Any clues to what this could be? I was wondering if it had to do with the NET references not being closed as someone else had stated earlier in this thread.

thanks.

Message Edited by tca-adam on 12-01-2008 11:45 AM
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 114
(5,309 Views)