cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotary table WEISS Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Is there someone out there with some experience sending commands via Modbus to a rotary table WEISS.

henk1000_0-1721139632295.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(578 Views)

A picture doesn't give us much information to help you answer your question.  Does the company have a LabVIEW driver?  Do you have a detailed manual that describes how to control this "Rotary table WEISS" (model number not provided)?  Have you contacted WEISS?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(528 Views)

@henk1000 wrote:

Hello,

Is there someone out there with some experience sending commands via Modbus to a rotary table WEISS.

henk1000_0-1721139632295.png

are you looking to hire or seeking guidance?

Are you familiar with using the Modbus library in LabVIEW?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(517 Views)

I am looking for guidance. I have used the modbus library in Labview. I have not contacted the company yet. I will have a look to see if they provide a driver.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(492 Views)

The documentation available from their website doesn't even tell anything about how to interface to that drive. What makes you think you can/need to use Modbus?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(470 Views)

Their documentation mention Modbus communication. I have succeeded using python but not with only the Labview blocks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(451 Views)

@henk1000 wrote:

Their documentation mention Modbus communication. I have succeeded using python but not with only the Labview blocks.

If you could share your Python code, it is possible to reproduce it in LabVIEW equivalent or in the worst case, use the Python code as such.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(437 Views)

@santo_13 wrote:

...in the worst case, use the Python code as such.

lol, terrible option for sure. 

But seriously op, post the python code.

(400 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author henk1000

That's the answer from WEISS

"

As I suspected, we cannot help you.

Unfortunately, we do not have anyone who knows anything about programming with LabView.

I cannot give you any further references either, as we have not come across this topic before.
"

😪

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(382 Views)

@henk1000  ha scritto:

That's the answer from WEISS

"

As I suspected, we cannot help you.

Unfortunately, we do not have anyone who knows anything about programming with LabView.

I cannot give you any further references either, as we have not come across this topic before.
"

😪

This is not a solution definitely. If you succeded with Python, you can certainly do the same with the LabVIEW library. The matter is to use the proper functions with the proper arguments (addresses, for example, may not match).

Again, post your Python code and whatever you came up with LabVIEW describing what works (if any) and what doesn't.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(371 Views)