From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retiring

@Yamaeda wrote:

@Hooovahh wrote:

Another good resource is https://www.flaticon.com/ 

the only downside is that the icon editor takes noticably longer to start if you have lots of icons. I installed a nice package that came in different sizes as well as color + BW and it was noticable.

Yes but it should only be on the first opening of the icon editor after adding some.  On the Glyphs tab there is a refresh button that will be spinning as it refreshes.  After it finds and indexes the new ones it should open quickly again.  But the icon editor, and the glyph libraries haven't got much attention in a while and it might not work right.

Message 41 of 45
(556 Views)

@paul_a_cardinale wrote:

Today some idiot in HR cancelled my retirement.  

Okay forgive my ignorance in these matters, I have a while before I get to retire.  But why is there a form to retire?  Don't you just quit?  I mean if you want to be a real jerk about it, just stop showing up.  What are they going to do, fire you?  And it isn't like you need a good reference for the next job if you want to have that kind of attitude.

EDIT: 

And now my first pension check will be delayed by a month.

Oh sorry I missed this part.  Yeah "pension" isn't a word I've ever heard someone say, when describing a job.  A company has never been that loyal to me.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 45
(550 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

EDIT: 

And now my first pension check will be delayed by a month.

Oh sorry I missed this part.  Yeah "pension" isn't a word I've ever heard someone say, when describing a job.  A company has never been that loyal to me.

Over here the pension is government regulated and paying for it while working (for a company) is mandatory. What the 'pension' will actually pay out is (apparently) debatable, but always less then promised 🙄. That doesn't apply to me though, being self-employed.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 45
(502 Views)

Okay in that case we do have Social Security which is a government program for that type of thing.  But I've been told my whole life that it will probably be gone by the time I retire, so I just don't plan on having it.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 45
(474 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Okay in that case we do have Social Security which is a government program for that type of thing.  

We have social security too. It's a bare minimum though, and pensions add to that.

@Hooovahh wrote:

But I've been told my whole life that it will probably be gone by the time I retire, so I just don't plan on having it.

Sorry to hear that.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 45
(417 Views)