cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating a measurement with existing data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I'm currently working on my thesis. Part of my thesis I have to make a measuring program for 2 device (both NI USB 4431). The problem is, that I won't be able to do the real measurements, so my consultant said, that I should add a new option in to the program, in which I can simulate the measurement. I have previous measurement data, with the same devices and sensor signals (the previous measuring program was written in python, but now for special sensor triggering it needs to be programmed in labview). Is it possible, to read in data from .tdms files, not all at once, but like data by data, with a "sampling rate", so on a graph it would look like a real-time measurement and it is also good for processing time evaluation. I have found .tdms file read in code samples which are clear to me, but nothing for this kinda "simulation".

I hope my question is not a dummy one, but I didn't work that much with Labview.

Thanks,

Balázs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(610 Views)

Have Idea on NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (NI MAX), Where you can simulate an Hardware Just Like your Physical Hardaware.

I hope exploring NI MAX to Solve your Problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3
(590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author balazsmore

Hi Balazs,

@balazsmore wrote:
Is it possible, to read in data from .tdms files, not all at once, but like data by data, with a "sampling rate", so on a graph it would look like a real-time measurement and it is also good for processing time evaluation.

Well, you can replace all calls of the USB4431 with your own VIs. In those VIs you call the original functions when hardware is available and other VIs when you want to simulate the hardware. (That concept is often called HAL=hardware-abstraction layer.)

In the simulation VIs you can program anything you need…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 3
(579 Views)