LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retiring

@AeroSoul wrote:

I'm surprised Dennis is still #3, after all this time.

Hey, I'm around the 530's 🤣

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 45
(1,122 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

Not sure you picked the best example, as it's very similar icon to the native labview clear errors icon

AeroSoul_0-1680850298467.png   AeroSoul_1-1680850348015.png

True, that may not be the best example, that's what I could recollect as I recently saw it. Anyway, his icons were graphic and catchy and the community would benefit from his tips and tricks.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 45
(1,118 Views)

@santo_13 wrote:

I have a request, we all would appreciate if you could share your tips/tricks to get nice glyphs into VI Icons. One good example is the the clear errors VI with a pencil erasing the error wire.

I found a good glyphs library years ago and have just been using it.  I'm unsure where some of them come from, but the Open Icon Library from here is where a bunch are from.

Copy these into your <My Documents>\LabVIEW Data\Glyphs folder.  Then the Icon Editor will refresh and you can use them.

Message 33 of 45
(1,111 Views)

Dangit Paul! I had "Solve one of Paul's problems" on my bucket list.

It was just after "Understand one of Paul's problems" 🙂

Message 34 of 45
(1,085 Views)

@santo_13 wrote:

I have a request, we all would appreciate if you could share your tips/tricks to get nice glyphs into VI Icons. One good example is the the clear errors VI with a pencil erasing the error wire.

In a world of Text based VI Icons, your icons were always graphical, catchy and conveys the functionality well.

No special tricks.

• Look for pieces in icons of existing functions/VIs
  • Do a web search for an image, then edit/adjust/scale down.

Sometimes something from one of those give me ideas; then I just draw the glyph.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 45
(1,077 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 45
(964 Views)

Today some idiot in HR cancelled my retirement.  So I had to re-fill-out a form, get it notarized, and re-upload it.  And now my first pension check will be delayed by a month.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 45
(934 Views)

@paul_a_cardinale wrote:

Today some idiot in HR cancelled my retirement.  So I had to re-fill-out a form, get it notarized, and re-upload it.  And now my first pension check will be delayed by a month.

😒

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 45
(920 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

I'll be retiring at the end of this week.

So I'll probably visit this place a lot less often.

Enjoy your retirement! And do visit us sometimes. 🙂

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 45
(855 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Another good resource is https://www.flaticon.com/ 

the only downside is that the icon editor takes noticably longer to start if you have lots of icons. I installed a nice package that came in different sizes as well as color + BW and it was noticable.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 45
(843 Views)