From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Question

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been using quick drop quite a bit lately.  I use the CTRL+space, CTRL+I to insert VIs into existing wires, but there are times were it's faster for me to drag VIs from the palette onto the block diagram.

Does anyone have a quick drop plugin that lets you select a VI and a wire and automatically wire them together?  For example it would be nice if I could select a VI with error terminals and the error wire and use quick drop to automatically wire them up.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,533 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TomFantasia
Message 2 of 6
(2,514 Views)

Thanks Todd.  I think I can modify that quick drop plugin to do what I'm looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,491 Views)

Post it in the Quick Drop Community when you're done. Smiley Happy

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 6
(2,472 Views)

CTRL+SHIFT+I inserts into several wires, if you have them selected, where the ordinary ctrl+i would insert X amounts of the same object, where X is the number of wires selected.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,451 Views)

Here's what I came up with based on the suggested example:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-30586

Tom

Message 6 of 6
(2,424 Views)