LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF reporting

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone. I have a small question related to the creation of pdf report files.

Basically I used the recommendation from this link: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Save-Word-or-Excel-report-as-a-PDF-using-Report-Generation...

and it works fine with creating pdf. The only problem is that, "Append Front Panel image to Report.vi" pops-up a doc file first. Is it possible to make it perform silently?

Namely, doc file created in the background and printed to pdf and deleted afterwards?

Any other solution to this is welcome. Minimal working example is attached, both as an image and LabView file.

Thank you in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,314 Views)

Seems to work fine for me...

I don't get any doc pop-up. I do get a pdf.

I do get a red cross across those reporting VIs, and when I open them, there's a message saying the VIs are deprecated:

This VI is deprecated. Use the following VI instead:

vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Create Report.vi

But that could be because I'm using LV18, not LV17.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,073 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alljustforfun11

Oops, there are actually word documents opened!

They don't pop-up, so I didn't notice.

It's not related to the PDF generation, the Create Report.vi opens an instance of Word by default.

Set the "window state" input (of Create Report.vi) to "no change". That works for me.

Message 3 of 6
(3,066 Views)

Amazing! Works for me as well. Thank you a lot for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,809 Views)

Hi alljustforfun11,

There is a simpler method to create a pdf file from a word document in LabVIEW that they failed to post in "https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Save-Word-or-Excel-report-as-a-PDF-using-Report-Generation... 

Give direct pdf prefix path to the vi  "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Word\Save Report to File.vi"

It is handled to save the pdf as shown below

Mkarthik_0-1612028386101.png

Thanks,

Muthu Karthik.M

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,002 Views)

Why is that simpler?

In stead of a method with clear inputs, you get a method with variants that need magic numbers to be wired.

It's good to have alternatives of course...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,975 Views)