From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCANBasic.dll not functioning properly

Hello, I have been working with a CAN proyect in Labview 2015-32 bit version. The problem was that I could not send CAN signals to a fuel cell. After a couple days I solve it using the PCAN_write function with PCAN-USB.dll library. The problem is that, for the Data Adquisition Cards that I am using only work in LabView 2016, so I had to switch to this version, where I only have the 64-bit version. And now I cannot use the PCAN-USB library because it only works on a 32-bit version, and the PCANBasic library doesn't work properly when sending CAN signals.

Do anybody know where I can found the library I was using in a 64-bit version? 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(854 Views)

@JaviMP wrote:

Hello, I have been working with a CAN proyect in Labview 2015-32 bit version. The problem was that I could not send CAN signals to a fuel cell. After a couple days I solve it using the PCAN_write function with PCAN-USB.dll library. The problem is that, for the Data Adquisition Cards that I am using only work in LabView 2016, so I had to switch to this version, where I only have the 64-bit version. And now I cannot use the PCAN-USB library because it only works on a 32-bit version, and the PCANBasic library doesn't work properly when sending CAN signals.

Do anybody know where I can found the library I was using in a 64-bit version? 

Thanks in advance

LabVIEW 2016 32-bit will install right alongside LV 2016 64-bit and it will use the same license that LV 32-bit uses.  Just remember to reinstall all your drivers so they can become aware of a new LV.

Edit:

Be sure to explicitly open the LabVIEW.exe that you want to open.  e.g., even if you right-click on a VI and choose Open with... --> "LabVIEW 64-bit", it will open with the last version of LabVIEW that was opened.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(850 Views)

I also suggest migrating to LabVIEW 32-bit.  You can contact the manufacturer of your hardware and ask them if they have a 64 bit binary, and API.  But PCAN hardware isn't really that popular, and then having them develop and maintain drivers for LabVIEW which also isn't that popular of a language, might mean they will never get to it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(834 Views)