LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCANBasic.dll not functioning properly

Hello, I have been working with a CAN proyect in Labview 2015-32 bit version. The problem was that I could not send CAN signals to a fuel cell. After a couple days I solve it using the PCAN_write function with PCAN-USB.dll library. The problem is that, for the Data Adquisition Cards that I am using only work in LabView 2016, so I had to switch to this version, where I only have the 64-bit version. And now I cannot use the PCAN-USB library because it only works on a 32-bit version, and the PCANBasic library doesn't work properly when sending CAN signals.

Do anybody know where I can found the library I was using in a 64-bit version? 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(860 Views)

@JaviMP wrote:

Hello, I have been working with a CAN proyect in Labview 2015-32 bit version. The problem was that I could not send CAN signals to a fuel cell. After a couple days I solve it using the PCAN_write function with PCAN-USB.dll library. The problem is that, for the Data Adquisition Cards that I am using only work in LabView 2016, so I had to switch to this version, where I only have the 64-bit version. And now I cannot use the PCAN-USB library because it only works on a 32-bit version, and the PCANBasic library doesn't work properly when sending CAN signals.

Do anybody know where I can found the library I was using in a 64-bit version? 

Thanks in advance

LabVIEW 2016 32-bit will install right alongside LV 2016 64-bit and it will use the same license that LV 32-bit uses.  Just remember to reinstall all your drivers so they can become aware of a new LV.

Edit:

Be sure to explicitly open the LabVIEW.exe that you want to open.  e.g., even if you right-click on a VI and choose Open with... --> "LabVIEW 64-bit", it will open with the last version of LabVIEW that was opened.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(856 Views)

I also suggest migrating to LabVIEW 32-bit.  You can contact the manufacturer of your hardware and ask them if they have a 64 bit binary, and API.  But PCAN hardware isn't really that popular, and then having them develop and maintain drivers for LabVIEW which also isn't that popular of a language, might mean they will never get to it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(840 Views)