LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple polar plots into a 3d plot

I found the LabVIEW help is confused me. 

Please see the attach file.  Theta and Phi are wrong place in the Spherical Coordinate.

To compare with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_coordinate_system

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(3,408 Views)

And what makes you think Wikipedia is correct?

In my math experience, Theta has always been the angle in the XY plane just like it is when you deal with 2-D coordinates.  While phi is the angle out of the XY plane.  Exactly what LabVIEW help shows.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(3,399 Views)

After to call 3D Coordinate Conversion.vi. LabVIEW help is correct. But the usage theta and phi is opposited with Wikipedia.

It let me confuse that!

Have a Nice Day!

Sunny

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(3,387 Views)

I'm glad you have it figured out.

By the way, I trust LabVIEW's help.  It matches my experience.  I don't trust Wikipedia.  Any goofball can create those articles.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(3,379 Views)

Hi, new LabView user.

We are working on measuring magnetic flux device and want to use this visualization as a part of LabView software. We have 4 dimensions in our data (height, radius, and a polar angle for the space description and a measuments as a value). We want to represent the 4th dimension as intensity/color. As the device hasn't been already made, we use simulated data in order to get to know with a VI.

I wonder if it's possible to bring x, y, z vectors from the polar coordinates we obtain and than import value seperate in Wmatrix. Any explanation of possibilities would be helpful.

Tnx, Bostjan

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(3,313 Views)

if I follow you correctly yes.

The data presented to all of the inputs XYZW must be the same number of dimensions and also sized the same.

Think of each surface as a bed sheet where each intersection of fibers has a color defined in the W vector. For each of those W values it needs to know what the XYZ values for each of those.

I suggest you look at this thread where I collected a bunch of examples with links to the original threads. All of those threads have code examples included.

Start with the 3D Car and after you get comfortable with how to manipulate your data sets to get what you want, then move on to the other examples.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(3,309 Views)

hello, ben,

Could you give me some help to draw the isocandela graph,thanks.

2500.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(1,312 Views)