LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.20

Or HERE

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 38
(2,123 Views)

Tuesday of NI-Week is the date of the press release.

At least this time I managed to finish reading the upgrade notes before the next version was announced. Smiley Very Happy

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 38
(2,114 Views)
OK, I admit I am slow but it finally clicked!

I was thinking "When was the last time there was a X.2 Verions of LV released?"

I remember 6.0.2 that went to 6.1 and then 7.0 but never a X.2.

Then I finished my coffee and realise it is not "X.2" it is "X.20" as in 20 years of LV. Smiley Tongue

Dooh!

Ben

PS So that License Key for 8.1 was never meant to be.

Message Edited by Ben on 08-03-2006 08:56 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 38
(2,095 Views)

XXXX - I still have some testrigs running LV6.1 and LV7.0 and there is already 8.20 waiting to be launched. Native OOP sounds very good - I'm really looking forward to this feature.

Thomas 

Message Edited by becktho on 08-03-2006 04:05 PM

Message Edited by becktho on 08-03-2006 04:05 PM

Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 38
(2,089 Views)
I really have to admit that (among a growing list of other things) OOP kind of gets me interested.

I now have a relatively long list of things I need to learn when I finally upgrade.  Note the "when".  I'm remaining positive.

User Events
Xcontrols
Alignment grid (believe it or not, I'm really looking forward to this)
Shared variables
OOP
Express VIs (My own, not the NI bundles ones)
Multiple name-space VIs
Buffer allocation indication (I really miss this during coding challenges)
Child panels
Properties dialog for front panel objects
Commenting out code
Code snippets for different target platforms
Conditional breakpoints

And I'm sure there are plenty more.

Of all of these, I think OOP will take the longest for me to get to grips with since I never really grasped OOP in C++.  Kind of, but not really.

I'm looking forward to a new learning curve.

Shane.

Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 38
(2,064 Views)

Shane,

You wrote "Buffer allocation indication (I really miss this during coding challenges)".

You do know about the

showInplaceMenuItem=True

ini setting I hope?

It lets you click on a wire (or was it a node) to show where buffers are being allocated.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 38
(2,063 Views)

OOP in Labview, now I have seen it all.  I have simulated OOP before in labview but it was a major pain in the VI, there were many features such as private/public access methods and inheritance which seemed too much work to implement.  I haven't used GOOP but from what I have heard it was not very fast.  I look forward to the challenge of integrating OOP and dataflow in the same application.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 38
(2,036 Views)
And now Brain's last link is gone. I went there, read it, then went to another page. I then tried to show a co-worker the info and it was already gone. I hope to try OOP too, but the info on the modulation toolkit being included now is what I hope I can use to convice the 'powers that be' to spend the money for the upgrade.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 38
(2,027 Views)

@Dennis Knutson wrote:
And now Brain's last link is gone.

NI's game is ingenious. Put up some stuff here and there and then play whack-a-mole on the links after a short while. Almost looks like a viral marketing campaing to create some buzzzzz. 😄

Buzzz....Buzzz....Buzzzz....Buzzz....Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Message 19 of 38
(2,015 Views)

Christian,

Your ftp link now has the RTE available for download (as of 16:05 Eastern time 3-Aug-2006)

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 38
(1,933 Views)