LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

state diagram toolkit "_quit_" state

I may be very dense but i don't see an easy way to transition to the "_quit_" state that is given while using the state diagram editor toolkit. I understand that i could unlock my code from the editor but i'm not ready to do that yet.

How can i cleanly abort my code within the editor format?

This is my first time using the toolkit and i hope i'm just missing something very simple.

Thanks!
- Jolt
Message 1 of 4
(2,457 Views)
"

How can i cleanly abort my code within the editor format?
"

Right-click on which ever state should terminate the execution and select "Make Terminal".

The State Digram Editor will take of the details for you.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 08-23-2006 12:24 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,449 Views)

Thanks Ben,

I feel kind of silly - i had tried this on exsisting states but the option was always greyed out. I guess it must be selected on a new clean state - or at least one without exisiting transitions to other non-terminal states! - Makes sense now... 

Message Edited by vdubbin on 08-23-2006 12:38 PM

- Jolt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,441 Views)
"

... or at least one without exisiting transitions to other non-terminal states! - Makes sense now... 

"

Yes!

"

I feel kind of silly - ... 

"

I once restorted to posting a Q here because I just could not change the state of a control.

Dennis replied saying the control was diabled but NOT greyed out.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,433 Views)