cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use ComboBox property node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am learning the property node and could not implement the ComboBox properly.

Can anyone guide me how to use it.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,060 Views)

So what is it doing (or not doing)?  I can make a few comments, but I'd like to hear from you what is not working right before I do...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,052 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author naga243

See attached.  Contains an event structure for updating strings and selecting values. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,049 Views)

@billko wrote:

So what is it doing (or not doing)?  I can make a few comments, but I'd like to hear from you what is not working right before I do...

Looks to me that the VI is going to immediately exit without giving the user a chance to select anything from the combobox, based on what was provided.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,046 Views)

I am trying to populate the array into combobox and trying to access the list when i execute it, but it is showing as function is unwired

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,042 Views)

@aputman wrote:

@billko wrote:

Looks to me that the VI is going to immediately exit without giving the user a chance to select anything from the combobox, based on what was provided.

I was thinking the OP has to learn more than how to use a combo box.  Like learning about DATA FLOW.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,039 Views)

I am trying to have a dropdown box for array of strings and display the selected value, Is Combobox the better solution for this kind of application? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,023 Views)

Sorry Bill, I didn't mean for my post to sound like you didn't know what the code would do.  I get in a hurry to post and don't fully think thru what I am writing or how it may sound to others.  Smiley Frustrated

naga243, did you see the tutorial VI that I posted above?  It shows how to update a combo box with an array as well as displaying the selected value. 

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,017 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Sorry Bill, I didn't mean for my post to sound like you didn't know what the code would do.  I get in a hurry to post and don't fully think thru what I am writing or how it may sound to others.  Smiley Frustrated

naga243, did you see the tutorial VI that I posted above?  It shows how to update a combo box with an array as well as displaying the selected value. 

LOL I was just thinking the same thing about MY post.  So we'll whack each other over the head with a wet newspaper and call it a day.  😄

To naga243:

There are a lot of things that need to happen to that VI if you want it to actually do something useful.  You still haven't answered my question about what's going wrong, so I can't really provide any answers.

If you want an example of how to use it, though, aputman has put together a nice little mini-app tutorial.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Message 9 of 10
(3,009 Views)

@billko wrote:

@aputman

...call it a day.  😄

Done.  I'm outta here. Smiley LOL

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,002 Views)