From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use ComboBox property node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am learning the property node and could not implement the ComboBox properly.

Can anyone guide me how to use it.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,107 Views)

So what is it doing (or not doing)?  I can make a few comments, but I'd like to hear from you what is not working right before I do...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by naga243

See attached.  Contains an event structure for updating strings and selecting values. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,096 Views)

@billko wrote:

So what is it doing (or not doing)?  I can make a few comments, but I'd like to hear from you what is not working right before I do...

Looks to me that the VI is going to immediately exit without giving the user a chance to select anything from the combobox, based on what was provided.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,093 Views)

I am trying to populate the array into combobox and trying to access the list when i execute it, but it is showing as function is unwired

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,089 Views)

@aputman wrote:

@billko wrote:

Looks to me that the VI is going to immediately exit without giving the user a chance to select anything from the combobox, based on what was provided.

I was thinking the OP has to learn more than how to use a combo box.  Like learning about DATA FLOW.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,086 Views)

I am trying to have a dropdown box for array of strings and display the selected value, Is Combobox the better solution for this kind of application? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,070 Views)

Sorry Bill, I didn't mean for my post to sound like you didn't know what the code would do.  I get in a hurry to post and don't fully think thru what I am writing or how it may sound to others.  Smiley Frustrated

naga243, did you see the tutorial VI that I posted above?  It shows how to update a combo box with an array as well as displaying the selected value. 

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,064 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Sorry Bill, I didn't mean for my post to sound like you didn't know what the code would do.  I get in a hurry to post and don't fully think thru what I am writing or how it may sound to others.  Smiley Frustrated

naga243, did you see the tutorial VI that I posted above?  It shows how to update a combo box with an array as well as displaying the selected value. 

LOL I was just thinking the same thing about MY post.  So we'll whack each other over the head with a wet newspaper and call it a day.  😄

To naga243:

There are a lot of things that need to happen to that VI if you want it to actually do something useful.  You still haven't answered my question about what's going wrong, so I can't really provide any answers.

If you want an example of how to use it, though, aputman has put together a nice little mini-app tutorial.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Message 9 of 10
(3,056 Views)

@billko wrote:

@aputman

...call it a day.  😄

Done.  I'm outta here. Smiley LOL

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,049 Views)