LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Wires When Dragging an Icon Into Structure

I just started using LV2017.  In previous versions, when I dragged a block diagram icon into a structure, LabVIEW would delete the associated wires.  LV2017 tries to drag the wires into the structure, and generally gets it wrong.  Is there a way to adjust the settings to give me the old behavior?

Thanks.

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,372 Views)

Based on this idea, you aren't alone in not liking this behavior.

Doesn't look like there's a way to opt out or turn off.

Message 2 of 8
(3,359 Views)

Appears the best you can currently do is press 'W' while dragging the item, which will turn off the re-wiring for that drag.

Jon D
Certified LabVIEW Developer.
Message 3 of 8
(3,279 Views)

@Mythilt wrote:

Appears the best you can currently do is press 'W' while dragging the item, which will turn off the re-wiring for that drag.

THANK YOU!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,274 Views)

Just started using 2017 on a project and I really dislike this feature. I know it can be disabled with "W" but I am left handed, my right hand rests on the arrow keys to straighten up things as I wire, so pressing the "W" really breaks my work flow as I have to remove my hand from the arrow keys.I have zero use for this "feature" and wish to permanently disable it.

While I am at it I would like to disable the filled box around the selection, the performance of this is not good on my pretty powerful dev PC.

I seem to recall seeing some discussion a while back about some LabVIEW.ini keys that modify the edit experience, however I cannot find the conversation again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,189 Views)

@Neil.Pate wrote:

. I know it can be disabled with "W" but I am left handed

OT: now I will not forget this the next time Buffalo rules are in place! 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,181 Views)

Buffalo rule is going to be in place from now on as soon as you arrive in the hosting city Smiley Very Happy 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,151 Views)

I seem to recall seeing some discussion a while back about some LabVIEW.ini keys that modify the edit experience...

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000004AQCSA2

"You can deactivate the behavior entirely by adding the following token to the LabVIEW.ini which can be found in your LabVIEW installation directory
DragAutoWire = false"

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(319 Views)