LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating login screen in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys, i have a problem with my vi. Let me explain it. I am trying to create a login screen. It takes user name and password. Also, i create a text file, i write valid user names and passwords in to the text file. When i press confirm button (after i enter the user name and password in to the login screen), pogram matches the user name and password, if they are true then led light open. It works but when i try to press confirm button more than 2 times, it fails. Actually not give an error but confirm button blocked so, i can not make trial more than 2. What are the possible reasons for that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(10,807 Views)

Can you post for LV 2012?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(10,799 Views)

Is it possible on version 15 LV? I mean without downloading version 12. But i can post the screenshoot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(10,794 Views)

Move Led outside inner For Loop.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(10,788 Views)

@Omnom wrote:

Is it possible on version 15 LV? I mean without downloading version 12. But i can post the screenshoot.

It looks like Ben has you covered, but you can go to File >> Save For Previous Version... in order to post for a previous version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(10,781 Views)

It didint work. Can you explain more clearly please?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(10,777 Views)

Still i can not enter user name and password as much as i want. It blocked after two trials.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(10,774 Views)

The led

Is only updated with anew value when you have a match. It is never given a new value when it is false. Moving the led outside the inner while loop and wiring thresult of your "match" logic will update for both the match and no-match situation.

Put you code in execution hightlighting mode (turn on the lightbulb for the diagram) and watch where the data goes and when a new value is passed to "led".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 21
(10,767 Views)

oooww thank you, there are always new things to learn 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(10,767 Views)

Steps which will help you to create a Login Details Easy.

1.Create a Cluster which contains 1D Array of Names,1D Array of Passwords and 1D Array of Previleage Level.

2.Save the data in a .bin format which user cant edit.

3.During Verification use the Names Entered by the user and search in Names Array if u get the index values >=0 it means that name exists

4. Based on the index from previous step get the index element from password array and verify with the password entered by the user.

Edit, change password everything can be handled by the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(10,723 Views)