LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating login screen in labview

Solved!
Go to solution
check the modified vi, is this u are trying to achieve?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(4,551 Views)

modified.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(4,547 Views)

Can you send me the .vi or make the labels visible on the screenshot ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(4,539 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(4,520 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Omnom

Hello,

Seems like you already got some answers, but nevertheless I wanted to post something, so... It turns LED on for a second if the username and password are correct and shows an error message if username or password is invalid. I guess the main difference is in the txt-file handling, I used it like a config file.

-RautSa

Download All
Message 15 of 21
(4,498 Views)

Thank you very much RautSa...

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(4,487 Views)

This is a fine exercise, but I would not recommend this type of design for any actual software that is deployed.  If you write your own software for doing things like this you have to ask your self all kinds of questions and do code that you might not have expected.

Where will the user names and passwords be stored?  How are they accessed?  Can a hacker get access to this information?  What kind of rules are there to the password?  Should they expire?  Should login information be recorded?

For any real application I recommend leveraging the password credential's built into Windows.  Have the logged in user have some level of credentials, or be a part of some group and have your program behave differently based on the credentials of the logged in user.  Beyond that you can use NI's DSC toolkit, which has login information and user management which can be queried.

Message 17 of 21
(4,468 Views)

Hi Palanivel, 

Do you have any VI where you use this suggestion? 

If you do, can you share it for LV2014 please?

Thanks in advance.

@PalanivelThiruvenkadam wrote:

Steps which will help you to create a Login Details Easy.

1.Create a Cluster which contains 1D Array of Names,1D Array of Passwords and 1D Array of Previleage Level.

2.Save the data in a .bin format which user cant edit.

3.During Verification use the Names Entered by the user and search in Names Array if u get the index values >=0 it means that name exists

4. Based on the index from previous step get the index element from password array and verify with the password entered by the user.

Edit, change password everything can be handled by the same.

Karla Betancourt

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(3,165 Views)

Hi Rautsa

I need your help. I want to do the same you shown here but with the option to add users or delete users. I am having trouble in saving username and password to .ini file.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(3,078 Views)

@mabaig wrote:

I am having trouble in saving username and password to .ini file.

Then don't.  As I suggested you can use Windows logon credentials and made and edit users with the tools built into the OS.  Other than that you can use the DSC toolkit which also has user accounts with already made tools for managing users, and querying what those users can have access to without having to worry about where passwords are stored or the encryption method used.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(3,062 Views)