From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT target can't find PXIe Oscilloscope

Hello,

I have a problem with my RT application. I developed an application running a PXIe-5105 Oscilloscope. All works fine under the development system so I build the application and deploy it to the Real Time target (PXI). During the inizialization phase the RT give me the Error: 

niScope Initialize.vi<ERR>VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system.

I can't understand why since I didn't change the name PXIe-5105 to NI MAX and NI Max itself can find the oscilloscope.

What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,874 Views)

Do you have all the required drivers installed in the RT target, i.e. NI-VISA, NI-SCOPE?

Did you compile the VI into RTEXE and running the VI?

if so, did you use any type definitions or property node that interacts with screen within the VI?

Is the aliase name in NI MAX in the development environment the same in the runtime environment?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,827 Views)

Do you have all the required drivers installed in the RT target, i.e. NI-VISA, NI-SCOPE?

I think, but this could possibly be the error. The list of installed software:

Immagine.jpg

Did you compile the VI into RTEXE and running the VI?

Yes.

if so, did you use any type definitions or property node that interacts with screen within the VI?

What do you mean by screen?

Is the aliase name in NI MAX in the development environment the same in the runtime environment?

Yes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,820 Views)