From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex exponential

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys,

I want to multiply a signal by a complex exponential just as in the second picture. Is it correct the way I did it ? See the first picture below

The idea is to multiply a signal by a two ray channel (second pic). Is it correct to multiply a complex signal with the Doppler shift this way ?

Best regards,

Ali Sabra

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,256 Views)

@AliSabra wrote:

Hello guys,

I want to multiply a signal by a complex exponential just as in the second picture. Is it correct the way I did it ? See the first picture below

The idea is to multiply a signal by a two ray channel (second pic). Is it correct to multiply a complex signal with the Doppler shift this way ?

Best regards,

Ali Sabra

It seems OK to me.

You can test by putting it in a for loop, or applying the formula to a ramp. That should give an output of a sin in Im and a cos in Re (or vice versa).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,241 Views)

Thanks for your help.

Am I testing it correctly ?

Because there is no difference between the original signal and the Doppler shifted one.

Maybe because I am using a waveform generator instead of a simulated signal ? I dont see the I and Q 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,227 Views)

You're multiplying a single value (scalar) with a signal.

You should be multiplying a signal (the original) with the generated signal (a ramp put through the formula).

Both are functions or time, you now only have one function as time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,221 Views)

@AliSabra wrote:

I dont see the I and Q 

To see the I and Q, you'd need to split the signal up into the Im and Re of the result...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,219 Views)

Can you send me a screenshot plz ? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,217 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AliSabra

Sure, but it's LV CG:

Doppler.PNG

It's clear that multiplying the signals, adds the frequencies.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,193 Views)

Look what is happening :S

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,168 Views)

Maybe the configuration isn't correct ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,162 Views)

@AliSabra wrote:

Maybe the configuration isn't correct ?

I'm not into NXG enough to adive on that...

Apparently, those signals do work with complex numbers, but the ramp signal seems to be different than the sine?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,152 Views)