From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button/Boolean mouse hover not working on 64 Bit LabVIEW

Update

When I compiled the application, the hover worked at least for the few times I tested.

I can put non customized booleans that have the hover effect in LabVIEW 2019 64bit, and they work. However, as soon as I customize them, the hover effect no longer works. Extremely frustrating.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 66
(3,242 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

Update

When I compiled the application, the hover worked at least for the few times I tested.

I've seen it go wrong in executables as well. But it's more rare.

@mcduff wrote:

I can put non customized booleans that have the hover effect in LabVIEW 2019 64bit, and they work. However, as soon as I customize them, the hover effect no longer works. Extremely frustrating.

It's not a global effect. I've seen the bug in one clone of a VI, where other clones still worked.

I haven't tested non customized Booleans, so it could be that they are not effected all. Or they simply didn't get triggered to get the bug.

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 66
(3,206 Views)

What was weird for me was I had a Front panel of customized buttons where the hover did not work. I dropped a System or NXG style button on that same panel; the hover for those worked while the others did not.

I haven't tried LabVIEW 2020 yet, but a little bird told me the CAR was closed. Not sure what that means, whether it is fixed or just forgotten about. The CAR does not appear on the 2020 upgrade/README notes.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 66
(3,181 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

I haven't tried LabVIEW 2020 yet, but a little bird told me the CAR was closed. Not sure what that means, whether it is fixed or just forgotten about. The CAR does not appear on the 2020 upgrade/README notes.

Is this it?..

LabVIEW 2020 Bug Fixes 

Bug number: 166386

Description:

Incorrect behavior when using a Boolean control from the System palette
When using a Boolean control from the System palette and running the VI, you do not see the "hover" picture change. When clicked, the value stays consistent, but the button does not change visually.

Workaround:

Do not use the System Boolean buttons or place them inside another structure.

Details:

Reported Version: LabVIEW 2017 SP1

Resolved Version: LabVIEW 2020

Added: Apr 20, 2020

I did a quick test in LabVIEW 2020 in both IDE and EXE and didn't see the bug yet. Hope it's fixed now.

BTW, it turns out, CAR number does not equal to Bug number. It was assigned CAR # 718053, but Bug # is 166386. 🙄

Message 64 of 66
(3,174 Views)

@dadreamer wrote:

@mcduff wrote:

Is this it?..

LabVIEW 2020 Bug Fixes 

Bug number: 166386

Description:

Incorrect behavior when using a Boolean control from the System palette
When using a Boolean control from the System palette and running the VI, you do not see the "hover" picture change. When clicked, the value stays consistent, but the button does not change visually.

Workaround:

Do not use the System Boolean buttons or place them inside another structure.

Details:

Reported Version: LabVIEW 2017 SP1

Resolved Version: LabVIEW 2020

Added: Apr 20, 2020

I did a quick test in LabVIEW 2020 in both IDE and EXE and didn't see the bug yet. Hope it's fixed now.

BTW, it turns out, CAR number does not equal to Bug number. It was assigned CAR # 718053, but Bug # is 166386. 🙄

Good Catch!

mcduff

PS How do find all of those hidden ini settings? 😉

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 66
(3,154 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

PS How do find all of those hidden ini settings? 😉

If you mean that thread on LAVA, then I used the same basic principle proposed by flarn on the first page of the thread. I just used another software for it. I think, it's a quite an off-topic here, so it might be better asked somewhere else. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 66
(3,140 Views)