LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview not working with windows 10

So originally I had labview 15 (32-bit) and 2015 legomindstorms ev3 on my computer which had windows 7 on it. I made the switch the windows 10 and everything seemed fine. But when im in labview and try to target ev3/nxt, labview stops responding and crashes. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,259 Views)

Just to mention, Labview itself works fine its just when I decided to target to ev3/nxt is when it all goes haywire

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,258 Views)

Do you have the mindstorm addon for LV, or are you running the mindstorm reduced LV?

I'd guess the former is more probable to work.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,214 Views)

According to prophecy it SHOULd work unless your system is missing some hardware requirements (Screen resolution sounds like a likely candidate)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,206 Views)

Hi Jeff,

It seems Firefox blocks that link.  Internet Explorer as well.  Both say there is a problem with the site's security certificate.

Message 5 of 7
(6,190 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Hi Jeff,

It seems Firefox blocks that link.  Internet Explorer as well.  Both say there is a problem with the site's security certificate.

Yeah it is a HTTPS,

I Googled "ev3/nxt" hit the third link

Capture.PNG

Selected "Support" from the top and then "Software Requirements"  Looking under "Software>>Software Launch Issues" also mentions some MS Silverlight needs.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,186 Views)

When you moved to Windows 10, was it through a fresh install or by upgrading through Windows 7? Some issues can come up if you're doing the latter. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,137 Views)