From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview not working with windows 10

So originally I had labview 15 (32-bit) and 2015 legomindstorms ev3 on my computer which had windows 7 on it. I made the switch the windows 10 and everything seemed fine. But when im in labview and try to target ev3/nxt, labview stops responding and crashes. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,261 Views)

Just to mention, Labview itself works fine its just when I decided to target to ev3/nxt is when it all goes haywire

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,260 Views)

Do you have the mindstorm addon for LV, or are you running the mindstorm reduced LV?

I'd guess the former is more probable to work.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,216 Views)

According to prophecy it SHOULd work unless your system is missing some hardware requirements (Screen resolution sounds like a likely candidate)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,208 Views)

Hi Jeff,

It seems Firefox blocks that link.  Internet Explorer as well.  Both say there is a problem with the site's security certificate.

Message 5 of 7
(6,192 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Hi Jeff,

It seems Firefox blocks that link.  Internet Explorer as well.  Both say there is a problem with the site's security certificate.

Yeah it is a HTTPS,

I Googled "ev3/nxt" hit the third link

Capture.PNG

Selected "Support" from the top and then "Software Requirements"  Looking under "Software>>Software Launch Issues" also mentions some MS Silverlight needs.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,188 Views)

When you moved to Windows 10, was it through a fresh install or by upgrading through Windows 7? Some issues can come up if you're doing the latter. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,139 Views)