LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiebe@CARYA

disable legend labels option

Available in LabVIEW NXG 1.0. When a GVI is running, plot labels cannot be manually edited by the user.

I keep thinking that I'm missing something here. I hope there is not a simple property for this that I overloked. Or I do hope there is, but I will feel stupid.

When my program displays tags in a graph, how come a user can change the plot legend names? It could be usefull, but 50% of the time it's not. Why can't I disable them easilly? It should be a right click option of the legend, or at least a property of the legend.

Now I have to block it with some decoration, and after every resize i have to reposition it. That's not that easy, since the exact location of the legend labels can't be read.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

17 Comments
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

Darren, the comment "status changed to: In Development" only made sence after I realised this was a thread for the idea exchange...

Anyway, I added a document, and hopefully the link to it will work for everyone:

Disable Graph Legend

Glad there will be an integrated solution...

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

@wiebe: Can't find it, your link sends to the NI Community site, but after some search there, there is nothing under your account (you knew you had an account right?) and there is nothing coming for "Disable Graph Legend" (but the search tool might be broken). It might still be under evaluation though...

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

Can you re-check? I've changed it's visibility.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

I suggest you link to the page, rather than the download link.

I tried it, and it does what it says. Spooky.

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

Thanks for posting that link to the page.

It's a very nasty trick, but it's still better then putting a transparent decoration over the labels. Since 90% of my panels are dynamicly resizable, this really increases complexity.

I'm not sure why the legend reference is so hard to get. To me, the graph is a (VI server) class, and the legend is a class contained by it. But all OO benefits are trashed by hiding the child.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Available in LabVIEW NXG 1.0. When a GVI is running, plot labels cannot be manually edited by the user.

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI