LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiebe@CARYA

line decoration properties

For pilot plants, we make P&ID's, the plant's interface (not PID) with decorations.

Now it would be nice to have more then two widths. But the real pain starts when we need to draw tracing. The standard for this is a dashed line. There is no way to put a dashed line on the frond panel! Amazing, since we're using a graphical language!

Now I have to make a line in powerpoint, but it can't be resized. Or use a picture control, but that adds code and complexity. Or put 200 tiny solid lines evenly spaced on a line.

This is all I'm asking for (inthis post anyway):

Right click.jpg

Line endings would be niced too. Arrow, dot, etc. Like line endings in office.

4 Comments
dthor
Active Participant

They already have lines with arrows (but no double-ended arrows...) but the rest of it seems like a solid, useful Idea.

Kudos.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Read this thread (and many similar ones) and take a deep breath... It was 5 years ago.

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

X,

Kodo'd it. If I could, I'd donate these kudo's to the thread.

It's almost duplicate, but my idea is a bit more concrete.

I hear rumours about a "big change" that will be coming, when this subject (the ancient "customize control", decorations, and lack of graphical flexibility) comes up. But it will take a few years to find out what it's about. I just hope the consult a large group of power users in time.

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

>I hear rumours about a "big change" that will be coming,

That's NXG!

Funny, in NXG2.0 all drawing objects line properties could be changed, except a straight line! Probably to stay backwards compatible with CGSmiley Tongue. I've been told that's fixed. At last a dashed line...