LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveChandler

Vertical Scrollbar For Free Text Labels

Sorry everyone.  I accidentally closed this one thinking it was a duplicate of one that we were already working on.  Reopening.

I would be surprised if this is not a duplicate but I was unsuccessful finding it.

The subject says it all. Simply add a scrollbar to free text labels. I sometimes use a string constant for free labels simply because they can have a scrollbar.

scrollbar.png

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

8 Comments
JÞB
Knight of NI

Facepalm! DUH! absolutely- they scoll anyway add the scroll control.  Briliant.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Silver_Shaper
Active Participant

Really very good idea to implement. Hey steve hope should be there in LV2012.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
SteveChandler
Trusted Enthusiast
Thanks, I wish it would have made it into 2012. But the beta is already out so I am not holding my breath.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

EricR
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

I'm closing this as declined, but it is because we are implementing a different approach.  There is another Idea Exchange suggestion to show that "not all text is being shown by a control/indicator".  NI is working on implementing that instead of just "always showing the scrollbar".

Here is the link to the other Idea Exchange idea that we are actively working on instead.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Some-indication-that-a-string-control-isn-t-showing-t...

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
EricR
Active Participant
Status changed to: New

Sorry everyone.  I accidentally closed this one thinking it was a duplicate of one that we were already working on.  Reopening.

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
TomOrr0W

Note that the status change to New didn't fix the "This idea cannot receive Kudos." setting.

Darren
Proven Zealot

The idea should be able to receive kudos now, thanks for letting us know.

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

Yes, giving kudos works again.