LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manu.NET

Project INI file ...

Any idea that has received less than 10 kudos within 10 years after posting will be automatically declined.

For the moment the INI file is managed as global feature (Link in the executable : Link to Labview.ini by default )

I think the INI keys are part of the project.

So it would be more "User Friendly" to be able to edit them as "Project properties". (Like conditional disable symbols)

Associated directly the INI keys to the project will avoid to lost important part of your application.

For example the key "useLocaleDecimalPt" is usefull when you want to force the decimal point to ".".

This is usefull when you use "Instrument drivers" which are decimal point dependant ... but don't alert when the active decimal point is ','.

I think that ini keys are part of the source code. So theire place is in the project, as project properties ... (Not globaly managed in the Labview directory)

I think that adding INI keys to the project will limit the problem of "source lost" when you many personns works on the same project ...

Or when you had to modify an old project on a new installed PC.

For the moment, I create my own local INI File in my project ... but it is not user friendly, it's manual !  

Manu.net
3 Comments
elset191
Active Participant

This idea is encompassed by this one, which references this and this

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
rsickert

It will be very helpfull, when Labview create for every exe also an ini file, whre all start conditions for all Inputs are stored. I also must build my one ini to define the start values. This needs a lot of time, because also the Path to the ini must fixed in the program.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 10 kudos within 10 years after posting will be automatically declined.