LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2lv

LabVIEW for Android systems

Is LabVIEW available for Android based systems and other touch interface systems.If not how about using LabVIEW for mobile measurements using these systems.

26 Comments
gorgooger

Android as target plattform for LabVIEW would be nice combined with this: http://ytai-mer.blogspot.com/2011/04/meet-ioio-io-for-android.html

Octavian

I found only this daq solution for android:

http://smartphonedaq.com/

nelg87

My company is thinking about changing the laptops that our techs use in the field for tablets.  I would have to develop custom android apps for them.  I currently use Labview for all of our development.  Having a way to run labview exes as android apps would be great!

Dragis
Active Participant

I would love to see LabVIEW support Android natively, but until then the Data Dashboard will at least let you design your application on a host but then view the data on Android (or iOS) in the field.

Roadrunner105

I understand that Measurement Computing is now attaching USB DAQs to Android Tablets to display thermocouple output.  It utilizes Android’s native Java USB API directly.

bluca

I found this library SCCT Library for Android that seems work fine: it uses TCP/IP protocol and is cross-platform. Has anyone tried to use it?

The same company has created a remote test panel for android: Data Everywhere , i thinks that could be useful!

What do you think?

Arturo.Gaona

Using Java TCP Server on Android and TCP Client in LabView you can control and take many measures from movile devices.

Bill_DuBose

I agree with odessy27, I want an iOS app that runs executables that I program and upload to my phone. Seems to me, that we need a development toolkit that accesses the iPhone instruments like accelerometer, GPS, Bluetooth, barameter, etc. Then you could create custom apps for myself. Alternatively, I could create remote monitors for a big system controlling a facility. Let's say I need to walk 200 feet to get to a SOV valve, and I want to open/close it while I'm standing there to adjust the actuation speed. A remote controller would be handy. Or, I'm running an all night thermal cyclic fatigue test. I would like my phone to alert me if the temperature exceeds 600 F. It would need to wake me up so I could decide if I needed to call the fire department... I could keep going, but you get the idea.

Shagun1215

Hello,

CAn the .vi file designed in labView be directly used with android? Any idea about  andro View?

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Shagun1215:

No. A .vi file by itself is not an executable. You need an execution engine to run them. NI has not done anything to create such a system for Android OS (nor for iOS, for that matter). We have been developing Web VIs that are HTML5 pages to run in the mobile browsers. Those were demoed in an early-access-release at NIWeek in May of this year. They might be fully released in May 2018... I say "might" because I never promise future functionality for sure (in case schedules slip), and especially I don't make promises for other software teams... they might start making customer promises on *my* behalf! 🙂