LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patibandla

LabVIEW Version conversion tool

Hi All,

I saw in the Forums,Developer are spending more time on the convertion of the programs from UP to Down or Down to UP due to their requirment.

if NI provides the add on tool for Converting Up/Down,Down/Up.

it is easy to use and they can spend more time on other part of Developmnet.

Version tool.png

17 Comments
dadreamer
Active Participant

I think, separate LV-independent tool with a little wider functional would be great thing, because one concrete LV installation does not solve all conversion issues. For example, my LabVIEW 2014 can open files made in versions 6.0 to 14.0 and can save for versions 14.0 to 8.0. If I have (or need) a VI outside this range I need to install additional LabVIEW or do a request on the forums. And there are no other alternatives. I know, there still exists a large number of samples in old versions (e.g., here is an example in 5.0 version and I'm not able to open it), so some stand-alone utlity for version conversion is what would be useful at least once for every LV user.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Zumbi

Is it possible to convert compiled LabView files, or it is only possible with source files?

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

>Is it possible to convert compiled LabView files

No.

>or it is only possible with source files?

Yes

Compiled LV14 (and higher) code can be run by later run time engines (under the right circumstances) though. 

crossrulz
Knight of NI

LabVIEW 2017 introduced the "Allow future versions of LabVIEW to load this packed library" and "Allow future versions of the LabVIEW Runtime to run this application" to the build specifications for PPLs and Executables, respectively.  These are checkboxes in the Advanced page of the respective build specifications.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

17? I though 14 had similar options?