LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldavey

Invoke Node:ScaleFit/AutoScale Axis

Currently to AutoScale an axis once, you need to set the ScaleFitX/Y property to 1. However this is really just like calling a method since the value of the ScaleFit property remains whatever it was previously. As a result, I find this mechanism unintuitive and would prefer to use the invoke node to call a suitable method named ScaleFitX/Y since it is an operation that just happens at a moment in time rather than changing a property.

Current Method: Property NodeCurrent Method: Property NodeProposed Idea: Invoke NodeProposed Idea: Invoke Node

4 Comments
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

Or as a method of a Scale? Each scale has a reference, so the method could live there.

I think the graphs have enough methods\properties as it is, so I'd prefer the method in the scale class. It would be inconvenient at times, but very convenient at other times, depending on the situation.

+1 as it should be there, regardless where 'there' is.

pauldavey
Active Participant

Or as a method of a Scale? Each scale has a reference, so the method could live there.

I like that suggestion even better wiebe, since then the method is just a single one for all axes and you don't need an argument.

daveTW
Active Participant

I like the situation like it is currently. One property node for everything I want to do:

• Switch off autoscale
  • Switch on autoscale
  • Autoscale once
  • iterate through all axis to set them according to my needs

That's right, all of this could be done with invoke nodes and references to scales, but in the property-node-way this seems simpler to me.

Greets, Dave
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

The idea does not involve removing the property node... We can have both.