LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
Top Kudoed Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ VI's should support all image types which makes sense

Inconsistency is found in the supported image types for many IMAQ vi's:

For instance IMAQ ROIProfile, IMAQ LineProfile and IMAQ LinearAverages supports U8, I16 and SGL format but do not support U16 format images.

But, a profile along a line drawn in a U16 image should make as much sense as in an U8 image. Shouldn't it? So why is it not supported?

In addition, I would expect it to be easy to add an additional polymorphic U16 version.

These are just a few of several examples of similar inconsistency in IMAQ vi's.

Message Edited by heel on 03-17-2010 08:33 AM
7 Comments
Proven Zealot
Support for u16...yes...
Active Participant
While we're at it, the IMAQ VIs are terribly inconsistent in their wiring patterns - what happened to 4224 everywhere?
Proven Zealot
I am not getting what exactly you mean by 4224..
Knight of NI

The most commonly used connector panel for the subVI icon and the one recommended by the style guide.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-23-2010 09:21 AM
Trusted Enthusiast

Connector pane wiring. Common lingo includes: 4224, 5335, 4-2-2-4, 5-3-3-5, etc...

4224.png

***EDIT*** (Ravens, you beat me to it! If only I hadn't cropped...)

Message Edited by JackDunaway on 03-23-2010 08:23 AM
Wirebird Labs: Expert Toolkits for LabVIEWDeploy, by Wirebird Labs: Expert Toolkits for LabVIEW
Knight of NI

"If only I hadn't cropped...)"

Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-23-2010 09:49 AM
Example Gatekeeper
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.

DNatt, LV R&D