LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fomine

Easy way to copy data from one chart/graph to another

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.

As is, it is very cumbersome to extract data from waveform/graph clusters.

I would love to see it implemented as in Matlab - you select just one plot, and copy - paste it on another graph, or to a waveform/cluster control, or paste as a constant. But mainly, to another waveform chart/ XY graph!

I would see it as right click on the graph-> copy data (as usual) but copy data is not the last thing, it should open up to have:

Copy All

Copy plot 1

Copy plot 2 etc.

And the same, when pasting into a graph,

Paste data ->

Replace data

Append data to the end

Insert data in beginning

Something like this.

Otherwise, now it's a pain if I want to combine two-three xy graphs from 3 different places on one plot!
-fomine

I'm looking for something similar. Does any one knows how to deal with such situation?. 

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Alex2019

I am interested to copy data from one graph to another, programmically. I made a sub VI with graph as a control (input) but for some reason when I call this VI from the main program and assign data from existing graph with many plots/data points there are only few points which are transferred to the subVI graph. Any idea why?

Alex2019_0-1602160669973.png

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

>Any idea why?

Something must be wrong. Post the question and the VI(s) on the forum, and we can help you.

This is the idea exchange, so you won't get much traction (I won't respond to follow up questions here either).

Alex2019

Dear , thanks for quick response! I solved the problem, beside "value" I use "history data" to make an exact clone of the graph.