From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lvABC

A LabVIEW utility for UpConvert and DownConvert VIs

This is only a wish that NI could provide a Utility that converts a VI or Dir to Up or Down.

I had a project that was done in LabVIEW 5 (done many years ago by someone else); I couldn’t open in LabVIEW 8.6. I needed to do stage upgrade LabVIEW 7 and follow up with LabVIEW 8.6 and so on.

I understand there are cases that you can not simply down convert, because newer function may not be available in older version. In this case it OK, give user an option for force the convert and worse case the down convert VI is broken. Let the programmer fix it!

The utility should have a Status Report for convention.

Please..!
4 Comments
GregSands
Active Participant
Could this be provided on the ni.com website?
Dennis_Knutson
Knight of NI

NI has provided this and this on it's website.;) Judging by the relatively few number of 5.1 or earlier requests, I wonder if there is much justification for NI to do anything special. Since it's a requirement that you purchase SSP with LabVIEW, I wonder how many users don't keep their SSP subscription current?

Darren
Proven Zealot