From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing Mass Flow Controllers with Labview using CFP modules

Hello,

My question is what would be the best interface to communicate with LabView? Is what I have enough for my instruments to communicate with LabView?

I have the following equipment from NI:

-CFP-1808, 8 Slot Ethernet / Serial Interface                                     (2)

-CFP-TC-120, 16-Bit Thermocouple Input Module                           (2)

-CFP-CB-3 Isothermal Connector Block                                           (2)

-CFP-AI-112 16 CH, 16-Bit Analog Input Module                           (2)

-CFP-OA-210 8 CH, 12-Bit Analog Output Module                                    (4)

-CFP-AO-200 8 CH, 12-Bit Analog Output Module                                    (2)

-CFP-DIO-550, Digital Input/ Output Module                                  (2)

-CFP-CB-1 Connector Block                                                             (10)

-PS-5 Power Supply, 24 VDC, 5 amps, Universal Power Input        (2)

and the following instruments to which I want to connect my modules to:

-Mass Flow Controller-Brooks 5850e series 

N.C. Valve (or N.O. Valve with flow £2.5 slpm)
                                    3.5 watts, +15 Vdc @ 35 mA, -15Vdc @ 180 mA
                                    N.O. Valve with flow rate > 2.5 slpm:
                                    10.5 watts, +15 Vdc @ 350 mA, -15 Vdc @ 350 mA

-Pressure Transducer -PSW-251   

115 AC / 28 DC 1 amp
                        3 wires
                                    Black - COM
                                    White - NC
                                    RED – NO

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,605 Views)

You left out the important part of the specification for the mass flow controller.  It says it has a 0-5 VDC input voltage and a 0-5VDC ouput signal.  The cFP-AI-112 will work for the analog input, and the cFP-AO-210 will work for the analog output.

Also, you don't list the brand for the pressure transducer, but since you list it as having 3 wires with a common, NC, and NO, it must be basically a switch that is opened or closed at a set pressure.  The cFP-DIO-550 digital input module will be able to read that switch.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-04-2010 12:37 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,600 Views)
Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,576 Views)