FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing Mass Flow Controllers with Labview using CFP modules

Hello,

My question is what would be the best interface to communicate with LabView? Is what I have enough for my instruments to communicate with LabView?

I have the following equipment from NI:

-CFP-1808, 8 Slot Ethernet / Serial Interface                                     (2)

-CFP-TC-120, 16-Bit Thermocouple Input Module                           (2)

-CFP-CB-3 Isothermal Connector Block                                           (2)

-CFP-AI-112 16 CH, 16-Bit Analog Input Module                           (2)

-CFP-OA-210 8 CH, 12-Bit Analog Output Module                                    (4)

-CFP-AO-200 8 CH, 12-Bit Analog Output Module                                    (2)

-CFP-DIO-550, Digital Input/ Output Module                                  (2)

-CFP-CB-1 Connector Block                                                             (10)

-PS-5 Power Supply, 24 VDC, 5 amps, Universal Power Input        (2)

and the following instruments to which I want to connect my modules to:

-Mass Flow Controller-Brooks 5850e series 

N.C. Valve (or N.O. Valve with flow £2.5 slpm)
                                    3.5 watts, +15 Vdc @ 35 mA, -15Vdc @ 180 mA
                                    N.O. Valve with flow rate > 2.5 slpm:
                                    10.5 watts, +15 Vdc @ 350 mA, -15 Vdc @ 350 mA

-Pressure Transducer -PSW-251   

115 AC / 28 DC 1 amp
                        3 wires
                                    Black - COM
                                    White - NC
                                    RED – NO

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,592 Views)

You left out the important part of the specification for the mass flow controller.  It says it has a 0-5 VDC input voltage and a 0-5VDC ouput signal.  The cFP-AI-112 will work for the analog input, and the cFP-AO-210 will work for the analog output.

Also, you don't list the brand for the pressure transducer, but since you list it as having 3 wires with a common, NC, and NO, it must be basically a switch that is opened or closed at a set pressure.  The cFP-DIO-550 digital input module will be able to read that switch.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-04-2010 12:37 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,587 Views)
Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,563 Views)