Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to image

Solved!
Go to solution

P/N 155213D-01L

S/N 305cc55

MAC 00802F17A48B

During of updating a Rio from another team we were able update the firmware, but got this message when trying to format

Error -2147220335 occurred at  5.3vi2890001

Complete call chain

Nisyscfg.lvlib.format 5.3.vi.2890001

robotrioImagingTool.Lvlib.reconfig device.vi

Roborioimagingtool.lvlib.imagemangager.vi

roborioimagingtool.lvlib.imagingToolMain.vi

We went through all of the steps from help with formatting document we found and the steps with the error message and get the same failure at the same point.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,364 Views)

Which firmware are you trying to image to?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,363 Views)

We were trying to update to the firmware 6.0.0.cfg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,360 Views)

Also did not mention that the USB and ethernet seem to lose the connection during the process of updating the firmware or image, even if we get the message that the firmware was successfully installed. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,359 Views)

Connections dropping is definitely problematic, are the ethernet and usb cables loose in their ports?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,339 Views)

The connections are solid, and tried different cables and different computers. Occasionally using the Web tool its gets to a restarting point before failing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,337 Views)

Well about the only other thing I can think of to try is to do a usb recovery and see if that helps. I'll DM you details.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,334 Views)

@amschmidt2 wrote:

Also did not mention that the USB and ethernet seem to lose the connection during the process of updating the firmware or image, even if we get the message that the firmware was successfully installed. 

Are you losing the connection while the device is restarting?  Or, during other periods?  I'd echo the later remarks this is problematic if it's happening during other periods.  I wouldn't be so worried about it while the device is restarting.

You've used a couple words that would make me want to seek clarity.  You've said the firmware updates and gives a successful message.  In the web interface, what version of the firmware does the device say it's running?  Does it say 6.0.0 or something else?

You appear to be running into issues while using "format" which suggests during adding the new image rather than the firmware.  Which image are you trying to use?  Ideally, we'd see you working with 3.0.  If you're using 3.1, you'll want to download and install the FRC Game Tools again before continuing further.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,328 Views)

I have gotten errors at different points, depending on the tool, when using the standard roborio imaging tool, I get the sound as if the usb is disconnected, but it still says the firmware is uploaded successfully, but when trying to image it says the firmware is corrupt.

The web interface thinks that it is running a firmware of 6.0.0. As does the roborio imaging tool. 

I am was attempting 3.0 but also tried the last version of 2019 v 10 I believe to see if anything would stick. Same error.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,322 Views)

I was unable to DM you (I think you have it turned off in settings),

We should double check that your computer name has only letters and numbers in it (this is one of the steps in FRC Firmware Update Failing ) - Microsoft doc on seeing/changing this

Also, some teams have had success using firmware 5.0.0 - does that help any?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,314 Views)