DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 74 Using Kuka Robotics Library

I'm currently troubleshooting a labview setup using the Kuka Robotics Library.  When I run my program it results in error 74 from the MxAutomation Client.  Since this VI is locked I cannot drill into the code to see what is throwing the error.  Does anyone have experience with this error?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any support.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,411 Views)

Hello, tocreemer

We have already discussed this issue over e-mail, but I post the solution here, so it will be available for forum users as well.

Symthoms: 

1) Error 74 is returned by VI "mxAutomation cleint 2.1" 

2) UDP communication with KUKA controller is working (example KRL-ex1-communication_check-ni-udp.vi reports OK)

Reason: KRmsgNET (KUKA error/information status sender service) is configured to send messages to same udp port (1336/1337) as mxAutomation uses for communication. This causes fatal errors during message parsing.

Remedy: Change KRmsgNET settings (on KUKA smartHMI). To do so,

1) Log in as Administrator or Expert. 

2) Open Menu -> Start-Up -> Service -> KRmsgNET

3) Change "Send / Port number" to NOT 1336/1337. Usually port 9050 is used. To disable KRmsgNET sender completely, set IP Adress and Port Number to all zeros.

3) Change "Receive / Port Number" to NOT 1336/1337. To disable KRmsgNET receiver, set Port Number to zero.

4) Maybe a controller restart is needed after that.

Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,389 Views)