DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digimetrix Labview overwriting point on the controller

Hi,

I am alternating between using Digimetrix and WinCaps for my denso robot for different programs.  I recently noticed that running the digimetrix is overwriting point 2 on the controller, which causes a problem for my WinCaps program.  Why does digimetrix need to overwrite a point and more importantly does it rewrite point 2 every time?

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,067 Views)

Hello Bryan,

What is your Denso controller type?

Does this (point rewrite) happen after you execute some motion commands or after you execute Start Toolkit VI?

Denso server-side program (running on robot controller) was not created by DigiMetrix, it is standard Denso server. Server program may use some controller variables to store data temporary. The LabVIEW library does not contain any special commands which overwrite the point 2, so most probably this is just the variable used by server program. I would recommend to use other position range in your WinCaps programs - starting from position #10, for example, if it is possible.

Best Regards,

Svetlana Volkova

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,039 Views)

Svetlana,

Thanks for your response.  I'm using controller RC7M.  It seems to be rewriting after the "move by coordinate" command is executed.  I am able to use other position ranges but  I want to confirm that it will only overwrite a certain range of points (i.e. Points 0-9) and not from Points 0-99.  Is there any way to confirm this?

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,035 Views)

Hi Bryan,

DENSO RC7 uses a protocol based on ORiN for communication with the DigiMetrix LabVIEW library.

ORiN reserves all global variables from 0 to 9. You should not use these variables in your program.

To confirm please refer to this manual:

http://densorobotics.com/download/dm/31

On page 8 it states:

All global variables (I, F, D, V, P, J, T, S) from [0] to [9] have been reserved with the system.
Please do not access these variables in the user’s program.

Regards,

Alexander

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,032 Views)