Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call for better solutions to CLD success Package exercises (Reward points available)

The CLD success package exercises are great prep material, but many of the solutions do not reflect best practice.  So -- We're requesting better solutions.  If you currently have a CLD or CLA you'll get recertification points as a thank you. A CLD success package exercise solution would be 5 points, we'll log it the same as writing a CLD-R question. 

The process:

1. Look at the CLD Success Package.
  2. Select and "claim" one of the exercises on this spreadsheet.  Please only claim one exercise at a time so everyone has a chance to participate.  Put the date you start and the sheet will add 2 weeks to give a "due date."  If a solution is not submitted by it's due date, I'll clear the line so someone else has a chance.  If you give your email address on the sheet, I'll touch base first, but you can use any identifier to say "I got this".  This is attempting to balance your privacy (if you don't want your email out there) with my workload.  The sheet is public to anyone who has the link. 
  3. "Vet" your solution through the forum.  I'll let the community do the quality check. 
  4. Submit your solution to CertificationRewards@ni.com.  We'll log it as writing a CLD-R Multiple-Choice Question and award 5 point. 
  5. Repeat (if additional exercises available)

Thank you!

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

Message 1 of 24
(14,654 Views)

So let's be clear. The problem description, template, etc. should remain untouched. Right?

(I can probably think of scenarios where the instructions could be made more clear, the problem specs slightly redefined, or the template cleaned up a bit. For example exercise 16 ends with two questions, but their answer is not shown in the solution in any obvious location. Aren't they part of the solution? If not, these questions should probably not be there.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(14,585 Views)

Yes.  This project is just collecting better solutions.  Let's avoid creep. 

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(14,512 Views)

Same Exercise needs to be re structured or few requirements can be changed?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(14,450 Views)

Same exercise, no changes to the challenge.  That would be a larger project and likely to get bogged down.  If you believe a challenge really needs changing you can propose that in the forum and if it "floats" (rather than sinks) send to certification@ni.com -- I'll archive those to consider when we open a more formal project to revise the CLD success package.  Thank you!

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(14,442 Views)

Sure thanks for update!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(14,416 Views)

The document seems to be "read only", but I probably have time next week to do at a few, e.g. #16.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(14,400 Views)

Thank you for catching that -- the link should now allow editing.  Please let me know if it does not.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(14,342 Views)

OK, I added my name for #16 and will probably do some others over time. However, be aware that e.g. #16 seems much more trivial than a real CLD test. It's more a 1/2 hour than a 4 hour task. 😄 (I haven't looked at the other problems yet...)

(And no, I probably don't really need certification points. Have plenty from my NI-Week attendance and presentations. ;))

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(14,318 Views)

Thank you!  Yes, these are not full sample exams.  They are exercises that serve as a stepping stone to the sample exams, and also some give a chance to work through aspects of the CLD that we thought might not be "fair" to expect people to solve during the 4-hour time crunch. 

I look forward to seeing what you produce.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(14,314 Views)