From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The passing of my hero...

So sorry to read of your loss Ben, my deepest condolences.

Regards,

Laura

Message 21 of 32
(6,890 Views)

Dearest Ben,

Condolences from me and all. As I read this, I became, Very saddened. Take comfort though: knowing he’s spirit can continue in those thins he was able to enlighten. Take, example yorself. Heis still alive whilest you, remember him.

A sad and tearful smile,

Sajib Nowdhury

Message 22 of 32
(6,871 Views)

Thanks to all!

Reading your replies was a part of my healling process, allowing me to judge my progress through the lestening of tears each day.

I'll post a photo in this thread from the ceremony when i get it.

The ceremonies originally scheduled fro Saturday had to be cancelled due to a snow emergency on Saturday so we burried him yesterday. My Aunt said "He was born in a snow storm so it is only fitting."

The ceremonies were wonderful.

THe Volunteer Fireman stood vigal over him while he layed in repose. The Firemen acted as pall-bearers and his last day of travels were on the back of a Fire Truck (which he always loved). After the ceremony at the church it was back onto the fire truck for the trip to the cemetary. At the cemetary the Air-Force honor guard took over and he recieved a 21 gun salute, the flag folding ceremony, and taps were palyed for him.

I was please to see my Father honored by both the Fire Department and the Air Force.

The familiy is adapting well.

Thanks again for the replies!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 23 of 32
(6,853 Views)

Ben,

You are as brave as your beloved father

Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
Message 24 of 32
(6,834 Views)

Ben,

I am just now reading your post. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. My thoughts and my prayers will be with you. Its sounds as though a " true hero " has passed.

My Condolences

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 25 of 32
(6,829 Views)

Ben

My belated condolences.

Visualize the Solution

CLA

LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA
Message 26 of 32
(6,586 Views)

Ben, I just happened to read this post only now.

Apart from my condolence to your bereaved family, I wish to convey my respect to the departed soul of your father. The sad thing is only when somebody close to us leaves us, we realise how much close that person was to us.

Now I come to know from where you really do inherit humility, respect for others and other good habits & characters of life.

Thank you so much for being a wonderful human & teacher to all of us in these forums.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 27 of 32
(6,542 Views)

While we seem to be bumping old threads today.... And for informational purposes only. 

The LMB's mother was taken home last night on her 88th birthday. 

7 of her 9 children, including the LMB, were in attendance.   The family is handling the loss with grace and sorrow.  I am proud to have been her son-inlaw.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(3,624 Views)

My condolence to you and your better-half Jeff.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 29 of 32
(3,592 Views)

So sorry to hear of your loss, my friend. It is a sad reality that we all have a limited time here, and that we should not put off doing the things we have wanted, telling those in our lives how much they mean. Give my regards to your family.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 30 of 32
(3,584 Views)