BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N-Scale Train Layout Controlled by LabVIEW Community Edition

I will be posting updates about the process of updating a N-Scale Layout that is controlled by a laptop based application to run using LabVIEW Community edition.

20200430_155604.jpg

Steel Mill end of the layout

This video is a crude introduction to the layout as it stands today.

My first task will require I locate a USB-Serial adapter that works nicely with LV under Windows 10... but that is another thread.

20200430_155702.jpg

Steel Mill yard

20200430_160000.jpg

Automatic crossing gates features working crossing gates (in N-Scale!)

Future posts to this thread will include the LV source code (good or bad) and what changes I introduce to "make it better".

20200430_160258.jpg

Bruce Chubb control logic

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

20200430_160402.jpg

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1 of 5
(4,813 Views)

When the world returns to normal, you should visit me in Cincinnati.  We could have a lot of fun at Entertrainment Junction.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(4,765 Views)

And just in case you happened to visit the old continent: (not the very old one.... you know Lucy 😉 )

In Hamburg, Germany there is

Miniatur_Wunderland 

No words can describe what they build up there....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 3 of 5
(4,672 Views)

Funny how they narrated 265,000 people as 265 people (2:20).

Another victim of the dreaded comma as decimal separator? 

Message 4 of 5
(4,640 Views)

Ben we are happy to see you are not letting your incredible 25 years of experience sit idle in your retirement. While you are busy working on N-Scale trains, Data Science Automation continues to work on real trains, navy ships, and torpedos. Thanks for helping train our talented engineers and scientists during your time at DSA. They continue to carry on the standard of service and excellence you always modeled for us. We look forward to you inspiring the next generation of LabVIEW programmers !

Message 5 of 5
(4,554 Views)