From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
battler.

Window -> Show Project keyboard shortcut

We use Ctrl+E all the time to toggle views between the FP and BD.

Now I use single 21:9 widescreen monitor with FP on 1 side and BD on other.

It would be great to have a keyboard shortcut to show the Project explorer.

Show Project keyboard shortcut.png

7 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

While on occasion I do want this, what I do use a lot more is the menu item which shows the current VI in the project and that already has a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+E).

You can create your own in menu short cuts.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Battler: We learned long ago that there just aren't enough keys on the keyboard to cover every menu item (non-English keyboards often use special key combinations to type special characters and MS and Apple both warn against an app trying to use keys outside of the basic alphabet... LabVIEW accidentally disabled the Euro currency symbol for our European users by using ctrl+shift+3 as a keyboard shortcut). For that reason, the keyboard shortcuts are customizable. We set the defaults to the ones we think are most useful to users. If you think an item warrants a shortcut, you can make that adjustment for yourself. Here are instructions:

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview/page/lvhowto/keyboard_shortcuts.html

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined
dthor
Active Participant

AristosQueue said:

...there just aren't enough keys on the keyboard to cover every menu item...

Tell that to VIM or MS Visual Studio, because I don't think they understand that Smiley Very Happy

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Yeah. That's a whole different world of keyboard access. 🙂

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

As suggested, you can assign your own menu shortcuts. I have configured Ctrl+Q to call this menu option and it works really well.