From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI System Configuration IPAddr Property Fouls up RTI DDS Writers

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using LV2018 on a RT Linux Target and have found that opening a NI System Configuration Session and obtaining the IPAddr property will hose up the ability to open a RTI DDS writer.  If I remove the IPAddr property everything works fine.  Any Ideas what could cause this to happen?

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,744 Views)

Actually it turns out that the IPAddr property is fine, it is the string itself that seems to be incompatible with the write cluster I am using.  For some reason any strings like 192.168.1.249 that begin with a numeric do not work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,729 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author viScience

When you create a writer with a string containing a numeric value, it uses that value as the maximum length of the string. Perhaps that is related to what you are seeing? 

Message 3 of 5
(4,719 Views)

Thanks!  That was really driving me crazy as I was unintentionally wiring a numeric string constant into my complexType when I created the Writer.

Starting to really like the RTI DDS toolkit.  It is a totally underappreciated tool gifted to us by NI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,707 Views)

Hi,viScience!Can you send me a copy of the Linux version of LabVIEW 2018?Recently, I wanted to use LabVIEW in Linux system, but I couldn't find a suitable version of labview.I hope I can get your help! Thank you!My E-mail:yison_lee@163.com.Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,483 Views)